This episode will be released to the public on 02-12-2023.
Full Show Notes
Word-for-word examples of what to say to your teen
1. Prompt teens to open up:(Members Only)
2. Advise instead of demand:(Members Only)
3. Explain the importance of reconciliation after conflict:(Members Only)
4. Push unenthusiastic teens to change their attitude:(Members Only)
5. Encourage kids to celebrate their differences:(Members Only)
6. Encourage kids to celebrate their differences:(Members Only)
Complete Interview Transcript
About Terry Real
Terry Real is the author of Us.
Terry is an internationally recognized family therapist with over 25 years of experience. He’s also a world-renowned speaker and the founder of the Relational Life Institute, which offers programs for couples, individuals and parents as well as professional training for clinicians.
His best-selling books include I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression, How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women, and The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Make Love Work.
Terry is a senior faculty member of the Family Institute of Cambridge in Massachusetts and a retired Clinical Fellow of the Meadows Institute in Arizona. His work has been featured on Good Morning America, The Today Show and 20/20, and in Oprah and The New York Times.