This episode will be released to the public on 08-08-2021.
Full Show Notes
Word-for-word examples of what to say to your teen
1. When your teen complains about your “me time”:(Members Only)
2. If your teen says they can’t pick up a small steps approach because they are an “all or nothing” type person:(Members Only)
3. Beware of grand plans to turn over a new leaf:(Members Only)
4. Break down a behavior shift into manageable actions:(Members Only)
5. Deal some cold hard truth about getting stuff done:(Members Only)
6. If there are complaints over a veggie meal: (1 of 2)(Members Only)
7. If there are complaints over a veggie meal: (2 of 2)(Members Only)
8. If there are complaints over a new meal:(Members Only)
9. When a teen complains they don’t get to eat what their friends are eating:(Members Only)
Complete Interview Transcript
About Sid Garza-Hillman
Sid Garza-Hillman is the author of Raising Healthy Parents, Approaching the Natural, and, most recently, Six Truths. He graduated from UCLA with a BA in Philosophy, is a public speaker, podcaster (What Sid Thinks Podcast), certified nutritionist, and Small Steps Coach–teaching his unique approach to healthy living at smallsteppers.com.
He is the Stanford Inn Eco-Resort’s Wellness Programs Director, co-creator (with No Meat Athlete, Matt Frazier) of Health Made Simple, and Race Director of the sold-out Mendocino Coast 50K trail ultramarathon (one of only two vegan ultras in the US!).
Sid lives with his wife and teenagers in Northern California.